The objective of the global impact tour is to publicize and gain support for the communiqué and its message; at conferences, presentations, and during events that are happening anyway or are specially organized for that purpose. These are important before the Summit, to seek further partners and sponsors, attract media, and maximize the impact at the Summit. However, these are even more important after the summit, to make sure that the momentum is sustained, the effect maximized, and the commitment realized. Activities proposed will have to relate to the campaign and help strengthen bicycle mobility; they will be presented at the website, and may be labeled as part of the campaign.
Thanks to all for making this happen!
Check out what has happend already and what will be happening
Successful events till now:
- July 2011: First public announcement and discussion at the ISPO innovation forum, Munich, Germany
- September 2011: Website online: www.global-ride-to-rio.org
- November 2011: Publication in forum CSR international
- January 2012: Facebook Fanpage online
- January 2012: Publication in forum Nachhaltig Wirtschaften
- March 22, 2012: Presentation at Stilrad “Cycle Style” Shop Munich, Germany
- Jan. 29-Feb.1, 2012: Presentation and booth at ISPO Munich, Germany
- April 2012: The Second Mayor of Munich, Hep Monatzeder, invites his colleagues from the “Cities for Cyclists” network to join the Global Ride to Rio campaign
- May 22-23, 2012: B4E Global Summit, Berlin Germany
- June 16, 2012: The Lord Mayor of Munich, Christian Ude, signs the communiqué “on stage” at the Odeonsplatz, in the framework of the “Bicycle Symphony” composed by Cornelius Claudio Kreusch, Munich, Germany
- June 16-17, 2012: Global Action Weekend
- June 17, 2012: B4E@Rio+20, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- June 20-22, 2012: UN Earth Summit Rio+20, Brazil
- June 23, 2012: House of Logistics & Mobility (HOLM), Airport Frankfurt, Germany
- June 26-29, 2012: Velo-City Global 2012, Vancouver, Canada: Presentation of the campaign by Fozzy at the meeting of the cities for cyclists and scientists for cycling network at the Velo City in Vancouver, integration of the campaign success story into the opening speech by Manfred Neun.
Upcoming and waiting for your participation:
- August 16-19, 2012: ISPO Bike, Munich, Germany
- September 2012: International Forum for a Sustainable Development, Evian, France
- November 2012: SusCon: International Conference on Sustainable Business and Consumption, Bonn, Germany