The objective of the worldwide action weekend on June 16 and 17 is to support this campaign, with public activities, media involvement and global solidarity just before the Earth Summit in Rio. Participating communities will become part of sending a strong united message to the decision makers at the summit, resounding from all directions around the globe. Activities will have to do with the support of bicycle mobility, will be presented at the website, and may be labeled as part of the campaign.
Thanks to all for making this happen!
Check out the action in the participating cities and communities:
- Munich, Germany: The Lord Mayor of Munich, Christian Ude, signs the communiqué “on stage” at the Odeonsplatz, in the framework of the “Bicycle Symphony” composed by Cornelius Claudio Kreusch
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: B4E@Rio+20, Illustrative Presentation of the Campaign at the B4E Conference: “Big Ideas for a Sustainable Future”
- Haukipudas/Oulu, Finnland: The Virpiniemi Sports Institute will organize different non-competitive bike trips in Virpiniemi area on Sunday, June 17th.
- Annecy, France: A mobile bike workshop will be realized on Saturday, the 16th of June in order to get more people on bike and more often.
- Valencia, Spain: We’ll organize a non-competitive bike trip in the Sierra de la Calderona, a very nice Mediterranean mountain range next to Valencia, on Saturday June 9th.
- Manises, Spain: We will carry out an awareness campaign in a school located in the metropolitan area of Valencia. We will communicate the GLOBAL RIDE TO RIO message and we will discuss about it with 10 to 13 years old children, June 18th.
- São Caetano do Sul, Brazil: The Municipality of São Caetano and the Associação Nacional de Transportes Públicos (ANTP) organizes the Sustainable Cities Forum 2012 which will be held on 16-17 June 2012.
- Paterna (Valencia), Spain: Under the slogan “The bikes are for the summer”, the Municipality of Paterna in collaboration with MOVUS organize the Kids Bike Festival configured as a course designed for kids between 9-13 years on all aspects of cycling safely and enjoyably on the road.
- South of Larnaca, Cyprus: Cycling Training Tour of the German National Alpine Skiing Team. Training tour for winter fitness; the Saturday tour will be dedicated to the Global Ride to Rio campaign.