Fostering bicycle mobility has dramatic effects in all dimensions of sustainability.
Check the listing below and help us complement the reasoning.
- less pollution, noise, congestion, waste of resources; no dependence on energy
- improved health, stress-resistance, performance capacity, and work-life balance
- added safety and quality of life in urban and rural areas, with minimum investment
- high compatibility with other means of sustainable mobility
- more regionalized economic structures, logistics and service jobs
- local vehicle design and production, and for geographic, climatic and cultural adaptation
- small infrastructure investments, and no sealing of surfaces
- more social inclusion, a fair access to mobility
- increased proximity to and awareness of nature
- strengthening of democracy, rebalancing of global economic development
To help complement the argumentations and reasoning, please mail your ideas and suggestions to Elke Jorzyk