Raising awareness and support of the positive effects of bicycle-oriented mobility and economy policies
The main benefits of bicycle traffic today have been listed above, already; more will be generated by innovations addressed in later paragraphs. However, all of these will only produce effect if they are aware to all stakeholders in a way conducive to stimulate action. Therefore we propose:
- to create a “bicycle lobby” under a suitable UN umbrella. This should also include protagonists from different industrial and cultural backgrounds, to provide for culture and development specific adaptations.
- to organize a continuous bicycle promotion tour, carrying events and discussions to all places around the globe. This should also highlight the regional and economic entrepreneurial potential of bicycle mobility.
- to install bicycle mobility competence centers, both real and virtual, in prominent places that may be accessed by those seeking help in the development and realization of bicycle- related policies and businesses.
- to support Velo-City conferences and related networking activities through funding sources dedicated to globally sustainable development.
- to foster a grass-root approach in the lobbying for bicycle mobility, especially using social networks.
- to expand on these activities to also include other forms of active mobility, a term coined for all those forms of mobility that need physical activity for spatial advancement.